When it comes to staying warm and comfortable during the winter months, you need to make sure that your heater is properly maintained at all times. It doesn't matter whether you have an old gas boiler or the latest in ductless mini split technology, it needs the care and expertise of a professional HVAC technician. Handling the sensitive components of your air conditioner cannot only be potentially hazardous, but they may also cause accidental damage. Let Lifeline Plumbing take care of your Barrington, IL heating maintenance and repair needs. We offer same-day service and 24/7 emergency repair services, and all of work is guaranteed. Call us today to schedule a service.
Things You Can Do
- Regularly replace your air filter. Of the many tasks that make up a professional maintenance service, there is one that you can actually do yourself, provided you have the time and a little know-how. By keeping your air filter clean, you can maintain performance and efficiency.
- Stay alert to unusual sounds. If you notice any strange sound coming from your AC beyond the normal operating sounds, then you may need to get in touch with your local HVAC technician.
- Call a professional at the first sign something is wrong. If you notice that your heater fails to keep your home warm or it fails to start at all, don't hesitate to get in touch. The longer you wait, the greater the chance of serious damage.
Things You Can't Do
- Tinker with the system components. Save your do-it-yourself enthusiasm for another part of the home. You should not tinker with the system components of your heater. It can lead to damage, and can be even be dangerous in some cases.
- Handle refrigerant. Do not attempt to recharge your AC on your own. This is a delicate process that needs to be taken care of by a trained professional.
- Seal your ducts. Sure, duct tape is fine for a quick fix, but your ductwork needs more than that. For a truly lasting duct sealing, you need a professional.
Call Lifeline Plumbing today for all of your Barrington, IL heating maintenance and repair needs. Our highly trained technicians will do their best to get your heater back up and running as soon as possible.